Monday, September 22, 2008

That's Absurd

This was my sermon from 9/21 at University Presbyterian Church in Austin, TX. The text was Matthew 20:1-16, the Laborers in the Vineyard, and the title was "How Absurd." The title that I ended up with on my manuscript and that I liked better was "That's Absurd."

It was my only chance to preach from this pulpit and I think I did a pretty good job. I'll let you all judge for yourself. This was also the day that UPC celebrated Theological Education Sunday so my seminary president also brought greetings to the congregation earlier in the service. Kaci filmed this from the front row, so it's almost like you are there. Overall, I got some pretty good feedback on the sermon from both the congregation members and from the two pastors who are my supervisors.

No comments: